Reach4thealps is an established and successful Chalet Company based in Morzine, run by Gina and Marcus Ewart. We are both very keen skiers and bikers and love Morzine & this area. We are passionate about delivering great holidays through excellent customer service.
We set up Reach4thealps in 2002 and for winter season 2021-22 we will be running a portfolio of 5 catered and 11 self-catered properties in the Morzine & Les Gets area. All the chalets are of a high standard but what ensures our repeat rate stays high is the level of customer service and high standard of catering we offer along with the help of our staff, which is why we need to continue to have motivated, capable and happy staff.
This last year has been especially challenging due to COVID-19; we have however adapted (many times) and this winter we have run all our properties on a self-catered basis and have successfully filled all our properties throughout the French holiday dates.
We have had to use other platforms to attract French guests but have also translated a lot of our own website into French. While we very much look forward to welcoming as many of our regular UK clients back next winter there are still many challenges ahead, Brexit and Covid amongst them.
An immediate challenge for us will be finding a new Sales & Operations Manager. We are sadly losing Jane who has been with us for 12 years and has been a vital member of our office team, having joined us when we only had 4 chalets (running the business from the entrance hall in our house) to a much larger operation in 2021.
Are you looking for an all year round position and to be a key member of the Reach4thealps Management Team?
Please have a look at the job description below and if you believe you would excel in this position and that you would like to join the team, please email Gina on [email protected] with your CV and a covering letter detailing your relevant work and life experience and why you think you would be suitable for this position.
Reach4thealps Sales & Operations Manager
We are looking for someone to be a key member in the Reach4thealps office all year round, working alongside owners Gina and Marcus and our Chalet Manager, Jo.
The key focus of this role will be to drive sales, operational planning and customer service.
Focus on driving sales by
- Replying to email and phone enquiries
- Keeping all availability up to date on our website and other websites that we advertise on (Airbnb, booking.com, VRBO etc)
- Having in depth knowledge of the chalets/properties, the resorts of Morzine & Les Gets and the service we offer (menu, lifts, dinner times etc)
- Suggesting new ideas for improving our marketing and sales
Designing newsletters via Mailchimp
- Help improve our marketing to French guests & our understanding of the French market.
Managing guest relations through the sales process
- By having a thorough understanding of our booking system
- Dealing with enquiries from agencies
- Taking payments, invoicing, pre arrival preparation, in resort experience and timely response to feedback.
- Dealing with questions from guests with existing bookings (chasing and adding lift passes, transfers, dietary requirements to the bookings)
Marketing through our online presence
- Keeping our website up to date by ensuring content is refreshed using weekly blogs and news items
- Updating pricing and promotions on our website and agency websites
- Promoting R4TA actively on social media (Facebook and Instagram)
- Finding and implementing opportunities to work with relevant partners
- Scheduling airport transfers & communicating with drivers and guests
- Working alongside the chalet manager to plan staff cover on changeover days, support staff, communication of rotas and quickly responding to situations to ensure guests receive a seamless service
- Ensuring arrival instructions are up to date and guests have received them
- Being an additional French speaker in the team at a good level to be able to welcome French guests and also be able to communicate with French tradesmen
- Processing lift passes online
Occasional in-resort transfers
- The ability to drive a minibus around resort with guests on the occasions it is needed & potentially do occasional airport transfers.
- Enthusiastic, positive attitude
- Reliable and punctual
- Bubbly personality with a nice phone manner and a genuine interest in people- guests & other staff members
- Excellent attention to detail
- Team player- we are a relatively small team so it’s essential you are flexible and supportive of seasonal staff
- Discreet & professional, Morzine is a small place and we like to keep our business private
- Understands customer service must be at the heart of what we do
- Highly organised and pro-active
- Self-motivated and can be left to cover office
- Excellent computer skills, (quick typist) word, excel, google drive, photo editing, knowledge of word press
- Good level of spoken & written French
- Great attention to detail (quoting, taking payments, entering transfer details, noting down guests requirements cots, bed make ups etc etc)
- Excellent interpersonal skills, be able to speak to people from all walks of life and keep calm under pressure
- Numerical- able to work out pricing discounts and supplements
- Excellent people management skills- delegating tasks, clear communication to in resort staff & confident in dealing with issues in a non-confrontational manner
- Candidates should ideally have a degree or have relevant business experience
- Experience in digital marketing
- Office experience and ideally in sales and marketing and or within the ski industry
- A clean driving licence
Package to be tailored to experience but we can offer a French contract (seasonal to start with but with the option to move to full time) based on 5 days a week winter season (1 Dec until end of April) and summer (1 June until end of Sept) 4 days a week the rest of the year.
Extra benefits such as use of a vehicle and a winter ski pass, mobile phone contract can be included.
Winter 5 days a week (at least one day would be at the weekend, 2 days off and 1 or 2 days would be working a split shift so you can get out on the mountain.
Inter season 4 days a week and summer 5 days a week.