Reach4thealps is a small private chalet company run by Gina and Marcus Ewart. We are both very keen skiers and love the outdoors, after many years of visiting the Alps on holiday and working several seasons doing all the chalet jobs possible from head chef to head loo cleaner we decided to set up on our own.
Last season was our 15th season running Reach4thealps and we now have a portfolio of 9 catered and 6 self-catered properties in the Morzine Les Gets area. All the chalets are of a high standard but what ensures our repeat rate stays high is the level of customer service, high standard of catering we offer along with the help of our staff which is why we need to continue to have motivated, capable and happy staff. Our chalets are highly ranked on TripAdvisor so we need to, as a minimum keep this ranking but ideally improve on these positions every year ! As it is our own business we take great pride in looking after our guests and ensuring they have a fantastic holiday.
If you want to work as part of a team, in a lovely chalet, in a fantastic resort and think the job description suits you please email us with your CV, a cover letter explaining why you’d like to work for us and a photo introducing yourself.
We have one position available for this winter season, see below
We are looking to recruit a driver/chalet helper based in Morzine.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- In resort transportation of guests
- Airport transfers
- Organising ski hire for guests & the point of contact for all ski related questions
- General help in the chalets
Our in resort service involves shuttling the guests from the chalet to the slopes in the mornings from 8.30 to 10.00 & afternoon pick ups from the slopes from 3.30pm onwards. As well as actually driving the guests you will need to organise the guests in a nice but efficient manner so that the service runs as smoothly as possible.
Our main transfer day is on a Sunday when you will be required to do 2 trips to the airport, you will most likely have to do a trip on Saturday & one or 2 mid week when we have short break stays. You will be responsible for looking after your van, keeping it clean, full of diesel, checking oil & that water is filled for wipers.
In terms of being the point of contact for all ski related questions, we would need you to quickly gain good knowledge of the local area, ski lift opening times, best places to ski/board, good beginner areas, be able to advise on restaurants on the mountain and also help guests at the ski hire shops that we use & be helpful in putting them in contact with ski schools if they require lessons. You would need to keep guests informed on the weather on a daily basis and any events on in the mountain.
General help in the chalet means helping the chalet hosts with things such as setting the table for breakfast & dinner, serving both breakfast and dinner. Serving guests canapés and aperitif pre dinner, clearing tables & washing up. Keeping the honesty bar stocked, maintaining the hot tub, setting the fires, snow clearing, being in charge of wine supplies, being in charge of keeping the garage areas where skis and boots are stored clean and tidy and just generally being an extra pair of hands .
Standard daily tasks
· Help hosts lay out & serve breakfast
· Check hot tub & add chemicals/ water if needed
· Defrost van, clear snow
· Restock honesty bar
· Clean fire, set new fire
· Run guests to the slopes or ski hire shop
· Update guests with weather/ski conditions
· Clean communal areas in chalet
· Pick up guests from slopes/town
· Help hosts clear away afternoon tea
· Serve children’s meals if required
· Serve aperitif & canapes, three course dinner, cheese & coffee
· Organise & serve wine
· Help hosts wash and tidy up, clean kitchen
· Help hosts lay table for breakfast
Standard weekly tasks
· Refuel & clean van, check oil/ washer fluid
· Complete driver/van report
· Communicate transfer times to guests day before departure
· Take guests to ski hire shop, assist in the shop
· Hand out ski passes, collect back used passes
· Manage guest requests, questions
· Airport transfers (on average 4 a week)
· Pick up the shopping for the hosts
What kind of person are we looking for?
We are looking for candidates who have the relevant driving experience/qualifications required but above all someone who is a real people person and can manage groups of people in a polite, calm and professional manner.
· Hard working & have stamina
· Excellent organisational & time management skills
· Outgoing personality, enjoy dealing with people
· Good sense of humor & maintain a smile and cheery disposition at all times
· A competent & courteous driver
· Have a “can do” “no problem” attitude
· Have a clean driving licence & be over 23 years for insurance purposes
All drivers must now have either a professional driving qualification such as a Rospa qualification or 2 years professional driving experience, (the 24 months can be split over 10 years, so an accumulation of experience) as long as we can have a letter of proof from a former employer/s to say the job involved driving in a professional capacity.
There is one full day off a week and another half day off (either morning or evening) 4 days when you will work a split shift with work in the morning and then back again in the evening for dinner and a full day on Sunday the changeover day with transfers. In addition there often will be a transfer to do on Saturday & one or 2 mid week.
The package includes
A competitive wage, a full area Portes Du Soleil ski pass, all meals while on duty, ski hire for the season, travel to and from resort, profits from running the chalet honesty bar, uniform and good staff accommodation conveniently located for work.
The employee will need to pay for their own insurance to cover their free time, skiing & personal belongings.
We are a French registered business so therefore can accept all EU residents & non EU residents who have a work visa for France.
Customer Service is at the heart of what we do, we provide holidays to remember for all the right reasons! We pride ourselves on tailor made and unique holidays. Many of our guests come back to us time and time again. We were thrilled in winter 2017 to be recognised for our efforts by Morzine Source Magazine! If you’d like to come and work with us and help us to continue to offer this level of service, please do get in touch!