Reach4thealps is an established and successful Chalet Company based in Morzine, run by Gina and Marcus Ewart. We are both very keen skiers and bikers and love Morzine & this area. We are passionate about delivering great holidays through excellent customer service.
We set up Reach4thealps in 2002 and we currently have a portfolio of 5 catered (winter only) and 15 self-catered properties in the Morzine & Les Gets area. All the chalets are of a high standard but what ensures our repeat rate stays high is the level of customer service and high standard of catering we offer along with the help of our staff, which is why we need to continue to have motivated, capable and happy staff.
- PART TIME Driver, Winter 2023/24
- PART TIME House Keeping, Winter 2023/24
- Resort Crew, Single Position. Winter 2023/24
We are looking to recruit Drivers based in Morzine, our Drivers are a key part of the team, making sure our guests can get from A to B and providing support in the chalets!
Your key responsibilities will be:
- In resort transportation of guests
- Airport transfers
Our In Resort service involves shuttling the guests from the chalet to the slopes in the mornings between 8.30 to 10.00 & afternoon pick ups from the slopes from 3.30pm onwards. As well as actually driving the guests you will need to organise the guests in a polite and efficient manner so that the service runs as smoothly as possible!
Our main Transfer Days are the weekends, when you will be required to do 2 trips to the airport, you will likely have to do a trip mid week as well when we have short break stays. You will be responsible for looking after your van, keeping it clean, full of diesel, checking oil & that water is filled for wipers.
Standard weekly tasks
· Refuel & clean van, check oil/ washer fluid
· Complete driver/van report
· Communicate transfer times to guests day before departure
· Take guests to ski hire shop, assist in the shop
· Hand out ski passes, collect back used passes
· Manage guest requests, questions
· Airport transfers
What kind of person are we looking for?
We are looking for candidates who have the relevant driving experience/qualifications required but above all someone who is a real people person and can manage groups of people in a polite, calm and professional manner.
· Hard working & have stamina
· Excellent organisational & time management skills
· Outgoing personality, enjoy dealing with people
· Good sense of humour & maintain a smile and cheery disposition at all times
· A competent & courteous driver
· Have a “can do”, “no problem” attitude
· Have a clean driving licence & be over 23 years for insurance purposes
DUE TO REGULATIONS FOR DRIVING IN SWITZERLAND FOLLOWING BREXIT & FRENCH EMPLOYMENT RULES WE ARE LOOKING FOR
* EU passport holders
* British passport holders/other nationalities with French residency which is called a Titre De Sejour which allows them to work in France (who have already been working in France for a minimum of 12 months). You need to be prove you have paid social contributions for the last year ( so for example provide paylsips for the last 12 months). You will also need to have 2 years professioanal driving experince. This can be transporting people or goods or even just using a company car for the purpose of work and letter/s from pervious employers will justify this. It needs to add up to 2 years driving experience within the last 10 years.
We have a great opportunity for people looking to spend the season in Morzine working part time mainly at the weekends.
The work will be cleaning of our self-catered apartments and chalets and welcoming guests.
This will be mostly at the weekends (approx 12-14 hours over the weekend and then possibly 3-4 hours during the week, as we sometimes have mid week stay cleans or changeovers out of the weekend).
The work will involve:
- Deep clean of self-catered properties at the weekend, making beds.
- Organisation of the linen (checking it comes back on time from the laundry company)
- Stock control and purchase of cleaning products
- Having a good knowledge on the properties the amenities, how heating, fire alarm, dishwashers, etc all work.
- Organising your cleaning schedule with the rest of the team
- A monthly salary paid through the French system
- If you are a micro entrepreneur a hourly wage of €22 an hour and we could guarantee you the set number of hours.
- If you have a car and use it for work, you’ll be recompensed accordingly
- Team events during the season
Looking for presentable, trustworthy, reliable, hardworking considerate candidates who have cleaning/housekeeping experience and have a nice, friendly, enthusiastic but professional manner for welcoming guests and helping them with any queries and who can use their initiative to organise themselves so that the cleaning gets done thoroughly but quickly.
Looking for candidates with a European passport who have relevant work experience.
Candidates must be happy working as part of team to share out work and pull together when necessary.
Please provide your CV, a recent photo & a cover note explaining why you would be suited to this job, why you would like to work in Morzine for Reach4thealps and send to [email protected]
Resort Crew, Single Position
Resort Crew are full time positions mixing housekeeping, regular hot tub upkeep, breakfast cover in the Catered chalets and flexibilty in assisting the Resort Manager. Our Resort Crew are an integral part of the team! Tasked with cleaning the self-catered properties at the weekends to the high Reach4thealps standards, ensuring hot tub upkeep and mid stay cleans in the catered chalets and stepping in for the Chalet Hosts to cover breakfast on their day off.
Being a Crew member is a great opportunity for those looking for a verstile role but who perhaps don’t have the catering/ cheffing experience required to be a full time chalet host.
The Chalet Crew’s work will involve managing the self-catered properties which entails:
* Doing the changeover cleans (Saturday & Sunday)
* Organising the linen (checking it comes back on time from the laundry company) and checking stocks of cleaning products.
* Being the guest point of contact for certain properties and meeting and greeting the guests on arrival, handing over lift passes.
* Setting the fire and making sure kindling and firewood is available for guests.
* Communicating transfer times to the guests.
* Having a good knowledge of the self-catered properties & resort.
* Maintain hot tubs (training provided), clear snow.
* Assisting the Resort Manager with designated, regular tasks.
The Resort Crew’s work will also involve helping at our catered chalets which entails:
* Prepare & cook breakfast & afternoon tea for our catered chalets when providing cover for chalet hosts mornings off
* Help with mid stay changeovers at catered properties when we have short breaks
* Driving guests to and from some of the chalets to the slopes (mini bus driver training provided, driving licence dependant)
* Help with weekend changeover when there is time
We are looking for a presentable, trustworthy, reliable, hardworking, considerate couple/friends who have cleaning/housekeeping experience and some catering experience (training will be given for both breakfast and evening service for the days you are required to cover). The Resort Crew need to be nice, friendly and enthusiastic with a professional manner for welcoming guests and helping them with any queries. We need those who can use their initiative to organise themselves so that the cleaning gets done thoroughly but quickly. We are searching for applicants who are happy to work as part of a large team and muck in where required.
- Competitive monthly salary paid through the French system (in euros)
- All food while working
- Portes Du Soleil ski pass
- Ski/board hire for the season
- Travel/flight to Morzine (budget of up to €100 pp)
- There are 2 days off a week and 2.5 holiday/sick days per month that will be paid at the end of the season
- Reach4thealps will also organise and pay for team events in the season, typically night sledging, cross country skiing and or a meal in a mountain restaurant, an important way to say thanks and to come together as a team and just have fun!
- We also have high standard, well located accommodation that is available for rent though our sister company at a lower rate than the market average.
Successful applicants will be offered a place on our winter training course commencing in early December. Reach4thealps will pay for the costs of the training provided by trained chefs & our management team.
The employee will need to sort out their own insurance to cover their free time, skiing & personal belongings.
DUE TO BREXIT & FRENCH EMPLOYMENT RULES WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
* EU Passport holders
* British passport holders/other nationalities with French residency which is called a Titre De Sejour (or who are in process of applying for residency) allowing them to work in France
* Other nationalities with the right to work in France (young traveller working visa)
* British passport holders who don’t have French residency BUT who have either worked a ski season before as a Chalet Host or who have relevant hospitality experience (we, as the employer would have to apply for a working visa for you)
If you apply, please provide your CV, a recent photo & a cover note explaining why you would be suited to this job, why you would like to work in Morzine and for Reach4thealps
How to Apply
Please send your CV, covering letter and recent photo to [email protected]
Customer Service is at the heart of what we do, we provide holidays to remember for all the right reasons! We pride ourselves on tailor made and unique holidays. Many of our guests come back to us time and time again. We even won the Source customer award for it! If you’d like to come and work with us and help us to continue to offer this level of service, please do get in touch!